Friday, July 13, 2007

Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality


I have been reading an excellent book by Dr. Henry Cloud. The book is entitled Integrity - The Courage to Meet the Demands of Reality. If you read any of my previous blogs I refrenced "the diamond life" by Kevin Meyer. I am on first base which is character (developing leadership skills). Dr. Cloud says that someone's character is two sided and looks like a wake that is left from a boat. The two sides of the wake are relationships and results. Everything falls into one of these two categories. He mentions that character is only mastered by someone who continually gets better at what they do (results) and continually develops those around themselves (relationships). People of integrated character (all the parts working in union with one another) are defined by six characteristics.
1. Are able to connect with others and build trust
2. Are oriented toward reality
3. Finish Well
4. Embrace the negative
5. Are oriented toward increase
6. Have an understanding of the transcendent
I will go in detail with what I learn in a later post but i also recommend the book to anyone. Enjoy!
~Tim

No comments: