Friday, December 28, 2007

2 are better then 7

My family and I were in Indiana for Christmas. We came home yesterday after hanging out in Cincy for the day. We were in a mall and there were 5 adults and 4 children. (Mom, Dad, Sis, Wife, Me, children). I have a three year old that likes to wander. There wasn't a designated person to watch him but everyone had one eye on him. Needless to say he managed to sneak away while we were sipping some starbucks. Not far - he was behind us on a horsey ride about 8 feet. Although he was on the other side so adrenaline kicked in for a split second before I saw his beady little eyes peering behind the ride that was in need of another quarter. I've never considered a leash until then. His mother then decided to watch him like a hawk with his sticky little hand glued to hers under much protest.

I went to bed last night thinking about that and how that applies to bringing someone up in the faith. I am a firm believer in personal discipleship and have witnessed so many new believers fall through the cracks of a church because 8 people had one eye on them but no one had two. I have heard it said that "Everyone's job is no one's job".

No comments: