Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hidden Treasures


I am currently reading "Writing Better Lyrics" by Pat Patterson. The first chapter is called Object Writing: The Art of Deep Diving. The author makes mention that most people describe the place where they are, in the moment, describe mostly what they sense visually. She then asked the reader to do a little exercise in describing the room we are sitting by all five senses. I then closed my eyes and felt the wood floor under my feet... the scent of the grass being cut in my neighbors yard... the sound of my wife telling my youngest not to walk on the freshly mopped floor... the fabric of the couch I was sitting on... my hand ran in between the couch cushions and I found my keys that had been missing for a week! This book really works!!! -lol

No comments: