Thursday, April 30, 2009

Lessons from a Lifeguard

I've been swimming at the y making a fool of myself really because I don't know proper technique. I ask for tips from people that look like they know what they're doing. Everybody has been really nice especially Dan. He's a lifegaurd in the mornings and has tried to show me a few things.

When I went in yesterday I didn't feel like practicing my sweet new moves. I told him not to watch because I was going to break every rule there is to break in regards to technique. He assured me that he wouldn't laugh as I did my usual lameness and said "When the student is ready, the teacher will emerge."

Enough said - add your own application.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Sounds like something Mr. Miyagi would say. Good quote nonetheless.

holman family said...

you'll get it, honey ... just keep swimming, just keep swimming .. swimming, swimming ...